This time it’s Mocha.
Thank you for the love in my last If We Were Having Coffee session! I might make these a monthly/bi-monthly series to keep it going more consistently throughout the year – what do you think? I love writing them as it keeps me in-tact with my thoughts so it’s definitely an idea.
It still continues to be a busy month but I just saw off the end to a project last week and am starting a new one next week at work with small projects in-between. A part of me just thinks I’m not made for an easy life but sometimes the rewards are sweeter.
If we were having coffee, I would tell you:
- I am going through a journey or two right now where I’m facing a lot of my fears and in the process of defeating them. I may have mentioned in a new year goals post that I wanted to make 2019 a year about me, for me. It’s over halfway through the year and I feel that I am making good progress. Maybe it’s an age thing but I’m at that point in my life where I’m blooming, trying out new things, constantly putting myself at the deep end and meeting lots of new people. I think I have somewhat overcome my shyness too. It’s weird and I can’t quite believe it. Did any of you grow up really shy? I would love to know your story.
- My birthday just surpassed and it was a very good birthday. I’m not a huge birthday person in the sense that I don’t really do anything extravagant but this year, I felt like I had a lot of activities on my birthday week – not just on the day and honestly, I felt so loved. Thank you for all the birthday messages from some of you too. ☺️
- Before my birthday, I was on a beauty no-buy for about two months before I splurged (haul post coming soon). I am back on it again but it’s definitely making me more attentive towards products that I have been neglecting for a long time. Due to the warmer weather, it’s unlikely that I’ll be using up foundations that I’ve neglected; however I’m definitely looking to use up more of the other products.
- Whilst we are still on the subject, my friends did really well for my presents this year. I received a Decathlon Yoga Mat which sounds so lame in writing but is something I was super excited about. My friend Sabrina asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year and it took me some time to think but I told her I wanted a new yoga mat since mine was very run-down. Well, she delivered – so thank you Sabrina! My other friend Leigh also surprised me by purchasing my favourite go-to foundation. I guess having a blog has its perks… 😅
- I am going ham on the sun protection this year. This includes my arms when they are on show. Last year, I was watching Wimbledon on these public deck chairs and my arms got badly sunburnt. My arms haven’t quite been the same again (I think only I notice this though) so I’m being extra careful this year because it was painful. (Funny story: I didn’t want anyone to know so I used foundation to cover my arms, especially my right, for a few days…) 😂
How is your summer going so far? I’m living for the good weather at the moment. Apparently it’s going to be 29 degrees on Tuesday! It’s been a long time coming but I think we deserve some good weather after such delay in the seasons.
You can find me on: