(Or tea in this case.)
It’s June: my birthday month. It doesn’t feel like June though.
This time last year the sun was blistering for a good few weeks. We had quite a good summer actually – the hottest in all recent years reminiscent of how it was like in my childhood. I even took out my electric fan because my room gets super hot when it’s over 25 degrees. This year, it is a different story. We seem to be weirdly reversing back to winter again especially this week – averaging about 14 degrees! It’s doing well for my skin though so there’s that.
I thought I would do a catch-up post because it’s been a while yet again. I may look to do a separate life update altogether but for now, let me update you on my current thoughts in a stream-of-consciousness style.
If we were having coffee, I would tell you:
- This year has been a really tough year so far although it has gotten slightly easier. I am persevering though and hope that with perseverance, comes reward. I am noticing that a lot of people I know are experiencing it too which can’t just be a coincidence? So I am sending everyone some strength in spirit to get through whatever it is you’re dealing with.
- Yoga and exercise has been helping me get through for the most part when I am feeling heavy. Actually I have been less active for the past month and have noticed that my mood is not as boosted than when I was exercising regularly and challenging my body. Now that I’ve made that observation, it is motivating me to exercise more regularly rather than stressing over little things therefore storing things up unnecessarily.
- There are days when I’m not feeling myself. However I have been reaching out to friends endlessly both online and offline. I think it can sometimes be a hard thing to admit that you’re feeling a bit ‘off’, worried and insecure but actually, everyone has those moments. One of my best friends said to me the other day through Whatsapp: I can only see good things [in your situation]. That really motivated me to focus on the good and have a new perspective. I think it’s so easy to unintentionally play victim when there’s so many people out there suffering more – and somehow, [some of] those people come back out on top. So thank you Sabrina for your wise words.
- In terms of blogging, I feel like I’ve hit a bit of a plateau especially with this surge of low energy that I can only amount to stress and dull weather. I’ve had a fair few friends actually comment and say to me [in real life] that they read my blog to get skincare tips from me so I’m using it as inspiration. I don’t know why I feel stoked by this – I guess because I don’t openly tell people about my blog. But thank you, thank you, thank you.
- Whilst we are still on the subject of blogging, I had the chance to use SquareSpace last week for work purposes and I have to say – I don’t like it at all. WordPress is so much easier to use and just straightforward. There are more editable features on SS (therefore more professional?) but it is extremely fiddly and can take long to figure things out even if it’s a simple feature. It also does this weird thing where what you preview is slightly off from what it will actually look like so if alignment is your thing, SquareSpace will definitely drive you crazy. Sorry but not a fan.
That just about covers everything that’s on my mind at the moment!
How is everyone and what have I missed? ❤
Question: Are there any fellow iPhone users who also use their phone to take pictures for the blog? I used to be able to just upload the pictures from my phone to laptop and it’d automatically be a .jpg file but it is not the case anymore. It becomes a .HEIC file (whatever that is) and I have to do the long task of exporting as .jpg, but was wondering if anyone knew a shorter way of resolving this issue? If so, please let me know! 🙏
You can find me on: