My internet has been absolutely rubbish for reasons that I do not know. To put it straight, it has felt a bit painful to surf the internet and/or blog with fear of things not saving and I just hate that. I can’t believe that that’s probably the speed of the internet that I used in the 90s. Yikes. Anyone else ever use the NTL cable internet circa 1999? It was horrific!
Anyhow, I am in a chatty mood right now with a craving for coffee. I’ll wait though but by all means, grab yours and we shall have a catch-up! 😊
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you:
- I’m in the process of moving! It is almost there – I just need to bring more clothes over and one or two more pieces of furniture and I’m all set. I’m not moving anymore far – just to my brother’s spare room but it’ll be so nice to have a new space prior to starting my new job. I’m especially excited to re-organise my wardrobe!
- Speaking of – it’s weird to think I’m starting a new job soon. It just hasn’t hit me yet! But thanks to everyone online and offline who have congratulated me. It’s a fresh start!
- As I was preparing what clothes to take over, I found some of the garments I made a few years ago during my Fashion Design degree. It was strange because I was looking at them with completely fresh eyes and I felt particularly proud of myself – different to how I felt at that time of hand-in. Of course, I have felt proud of my own work before but not like this. Every creative will tell you how stressful it is, the self-doubt that ensues that before you know it, you can’t think straight. You can even get sick of your own work because you have literally faced it for months on end trying to perfect it. Perspective, I tell ya. Now, I’m actually going to wear a few of the pieces I made because why not? By the way, would you be interested in some future DIYs?
- The weather was actually really nice for a couple of days that I bought some new sunglasses the other day from H&M. I always used to find it difficult to buy sunglasses because I find a lot don’t suit me (I don’t have a slim face) but nowadays, it’s like I know what to pick. These are my second pair overall and I’m happy with the choice. It started raining heavy again though. Typical.
- The second season of 13 Reasons Why came out the other day and I’ve watched 3 episodes so far. If am honest, it is lacking a bit in its way of storytelling and execution (for me). Unpopular opinion I know, but the subject matter is just so heavy that it needs to be more subtle and sensitive in the way that it tells each character’s story because it’s a lot to take in.
- My phone died! I hate that I feel like I’ve lost an arm and a leg, but it’s also nice to not be attached to it. It’s currently in the repair shop and I hope it’s salvageable. It doesn’t even go past the start-up intro screen – it just blinks Google! I’ll have to risk losing everything except I won’t really because it’s all backed up over Google so yay for that.
- I have actually been lazy with my skincare routine. Sometimes I do all my usual steps in the AM and PM but other times, I simplify it down. I would’ve loved to have shown you my skincare routine over on Instagram this weekend if my phone didn’t decide to misbehave… Anyhow, please read this post by Arly – it’s genius!
- I recently discovered an LA band called LANY (pronounced Lay-Nee but it does stand for Los Angeles New York). I am obsessed. If you love music by The 1975, Wet, The Japanese House just to name a few, you’ll love these guys.
What would you tell me if we were having coffee?
You can find me on: