Without a doubt, this is a late post in-the-making for today’s summary of how April went. That month is a blur to me and having just checked the date properly, I don’t even want to think about time! I honestly feel like I’ve only just come back from Hong Kong so in my mind, it is still technically February. 😂 The bipolar weather doesn’t help either – we had a fantastically glorious bank holiday weekend but that changed quick as soon as it hit Monday. It has gotten cooler by the week that now I’m constantly dressing in my “in-between” gear.
I have been mostly absent from the blog this month up until now as I’ve been busy with applications and preparing for interviews that at last – success! I can officially announce that I will be starting a new job come 4th June. ☺️ There will be many new changes mentally and physically which I’ll elaborate on in another post as a means to update you on the going-ons in my life.
But for now, let’s get on with how April went, shall we?
- Waking up early has become more natural to me. I think in part, this is due to it being bright in my room as soon as the sun rises, which is super early nowadays! Am sure this will get better as I become adjusted to my new job.
- I’ve been sleeping a bit more earlier too – not by much, but it makes a huge difference to my overall lifestyle. The quality of sleep is also better too – I wake up early but with enough sleep so I’m feeling better for it!
- I tried a cup of Americano (no milk) from Starbucks right at the start of the month. Certainly not my favourite drink but it got better, the more I drank it.
- My new favourite coffee chain is Pret A Manger (which means “ready to eat” in French, in case you didn’t know). The chain brings memories since I always used to buy Mocha from there during my university days. My new favourite drink is officially the Turmeric Latte! It’s hearty and warming which is perfect for these in-between weathers to be honest.
- Drinking more water was a total fail in April. I’ve been drinking probably 2 glasses per day which is nowhere near enough.
- Overall, April has been quite steady-state. Not good, but not bad either. (see below)
- I’ve continued to make salad on average 6 days a week. I no longer feel bloated because of this new habit that I’ve incorporated for my dinners. I have learnt to change it up too by trying out raw salmon (other than in a sushi setting), as well as quorn products (a non-meat protein source).
- My breakfasts have been less successful but in conjunction with everything else, it is a balanced diet so I’m not mad at myself. Am I being too complacent? I know I can do better though so onwards and upwards we go.
- I am still snacking on bananas, dried fruit and nuts whenever I feel hungry between meal times. Just a handful helps a lot!
- My skin is looking less dull I think. I cannot explain it but certainly, I haven’t broken out and normally I do before “that time of month”. So I guess the salads are continuing to go down a treat?
- First half was okay, last half was totally non-existent due to it being a busier month than usual and I wanted to put my priorities straight. Okay fine, that’s not a good enough excuse since fitness should be a priority. I still need to find that work-life balance. Any tips are welcome.
- Focusing on Cassey’s (Blogilates’) PIIT28 program, I definitely got better with it as time went on. I was able to find the comfort in the discomfort (something that Cassey says a lot) and whilst I don’t think it got easier, I grew stronger for sure. Obviously I need to get back into it after 3 inactive weeks…can’t wait!
- Not that I had difficulty in breathing at all, but I certainly felt like I was breathing better after every workout I performed. I cannot explain it but I feel as though my lungs have been purified.
Goals for May
(Some of these are the same as what I put down for April to achieve, but it never happened…)
- Continue upping my water intake
- Continue challenging my body with the PIIT28 program (and complete it)
- Start meal-prepping some breakfasts
- Find and achieve that work-life balance where fitness can still be a priority
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend everyone! I will be busy writing up new future posts since I feel so very behind and I don’t like it. I was thinking…in light of celebrating my new job, I can conduct a post or two on tips to combat job interviews? What do you think? Let me know!
You can find me on: