Today is one of those days where I’m feeling a bit “bleurgh!” but despite so, I want to write to my heart’s content. It’s a healthy habit don’t you think? I don’t smoke. I don’t drink. Certainly don’t do drugs but I’m learning to write more, especially when it comes to styles that display my stream of consciousness. If you were to open up my brain (well let’s be honest, that’s dangerous and I’d probably die), then here are the lingering thoughts that you’d see. Or on a lighter note, if we were having coffee, I’d tell you:
- I don’t think I can share enough in words of how freeing blogging makes me feel and the sanity that it gives me. Am I allowed to say that it makes me feel secure and very real as a person? Am I insecure for admitting so? There are moments in life – especially now more than ever, where I feel a bit alienated and patronised however I don’t believe in retaliating. Creativity is a great thing when you know it, but somehow offensive when you don’t. I really won’t stop blogging though. Writing has been the best outlet I’ve ever found and this is only just the beginning. I don’t regret being creative. Na-da.
- In addition to this trail of thought, I’d like to send a huge shout-out to the best friend I could ever ask for – Sabrina. She actually reads my blog (not all my friends do) and is beyond the biggest support that I can have in life. I had a bit of a miserable morning which I won’t go into detail about but she kept telling me how amazing I am and what a great blog I have. I admit that at the worst of times, I am my own worst critique so note to self: Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are worth it.
- After a crap morning, I decided to go out on my own and have a bit of a pick-me-up. I actually don’t remember the last time I properly had a “me” day. I’ve even been simplifying my skincare routine a lot lately which is so unlike me. Anyhow, I stopped off at a Bobbi Brown counter and basically got a make-over. The makeup-artist Inese was super lovely, and kept complimenting on how nice my skin was (and what I used, to my delight). She even took pictures after my skin was made-over! I felt wonderful and got reminded how empowering makeup truly is. Talk about a 180 degree turn in mood! High-five to all the women out there who bring each other up.
- As it happens, I did some beauty shopping! Would you like to see a haul? Let me know.
- I also did some people-watching. Does anyone else do this? It’s so therapeutic and just for a moment, you can forget all your worries. Time from my perspective also seems to freeze over whilst everyone else is moving.
- I just got over my food coma. People typically have a “cheat meal” once a week when they’re on a sustainable health plan but I don’t bother scheduling one in. As it happens, it’s been weeks and today was the day for it to happen! I don’t consider myself to be an emotional eater but what I’m striving for is balance and control, not a 100% clean sheet. I know that tomorrow I’ll be back on it. It’s okay.
- For the remainder of my evening because I am truly a night owl (it’s gone past midnight now), I will most likely face-mask and watch a film.
- Oh! Before I forget – I just recently joined an online course on FutureLearn regarding Fashion and Sustainability. It is 100% free and really fuelling my mind, heart and soul at the moment. Most likely, I will write more on this soon.
What about you? If we were having coffee, what would you like to tell me?
Rarely do I publish posts right after I finish writing them but I felt it necessary to publish this one in live-time for effect.
– As a side-note, thank you to all my long-time readers, new readers and friends for being on this blog journey with me and always bringing me back down to earth (even if you don’t comment). Am I making sense? Probably not. Should I sleep? Yes, now that my thoughts have been emptied. 😊 Good night!
You can find me on: