It’s unusual but I decided to post this Saturday! What have you got planned this weekend?
This post is actually very, very long due. I was nominated by the wonderful Capili (author of Artistbybeauty). I have never been nominated for a blogger award before so this feels extra special. I was also nominated for another award by Capili, but today we are just focusing on the first – The Versatile Blogger Award.
I am very excited and thankful to receive this award so thank you Capili. 🙂
I realise that I share a lot of things that I love, like and dislike on this blog but not a whole lot about myself. However, there will be an upcoming Q&A/tag because
it seems that I like to play catch-up some wonderful blogger friends have nominated me and it’s time to answer the questions!
Seven Things About Me:
- I have two older brothers – I’m the youngest. Overall, in my family tree, this appears to be a running pattern (having two boys and then a girl) so naturally, I have a lot more guy cousins than girl cousins.
- Speaking of being the youngest, I’m also one of the youngest overall in the family tree. Therefore, I have always acquired the nickname ‘little sister’ (in Chinese). When I was much younger, I was also called ‘B’ (stood for ‘Baby’) or ‘B head’ (in Chinese) although this is seldom used anymore!
- I started playing the piano from the age of 7 however I was always a lazy practicer and didn’t start with the best of teachers. I had a much better teacher from the age of 12 and that really changed things. Although I stopped taking lessons a few years ago, I still like to play from time to time and I always end up surprising myself with what I can actually play or how fluent I can be! 😮
- I have always been the more quiet/introvert type. But I would definitely say I’m much more comfortable in my own skin now. From a young age, I was painfully shy and I remember being really quiet in school, not quite fitting in.
- Growing up, I went to Chinese School on Sundays and whilst I’m thankful that I got the education (being able to read, write and understand Chinese), I absolutely hated the whole thing. I would dread every Sunday. I just didn’t enjoy the classes and found it boring yet funny enough, I got really good marks (top of the class). As soon as I reached 16 though and got my high school qualification in the subject, I just stopped going one day and haven’t looked back since. It’s the only subject I’ve ever ‘dropped’.
- I used to be scared of cats when I was young and I don’t really know why, but I can only liken it to how people are scared of dogs (I’m not even sure if that makes sense). I’m better now, but if I’m honest, I don’t think I’ll ever be that fond of cats…I am so much more of a dog person.
- I have always been a night person rather than a morning person. It would actually be a miracle for me to sleep before midnight! But I am working on being more of a morning person and somehow, I’ve managed to be in-between so…best of both worlds I guess?
Here are the rules of the award:
- Display the award.
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate bloggers.
Well…it looks like it’s a Q&A weekend this week as I have another one in store for tomorrow! I’m actually so happy to be able to finally get these posts published as I’ve felt so bad in leaving the people who have nominated me, hanging. For months. (Sorry!) But what counts is I’m here now and it’s a productive week ahead as far as posts go, so stay tuned! ❤ 🙂
Let’s Stay Connected: